Sunday, March 04, 2007

ROLL OVER IN CARLISLE



A combination of not being familiar with the area and the slick roads was the cause of a single car rollover on Whitehead Road Saturday night about a mile south of Diagonal Road.

Troy Jude of Whitehead Road heard the crash and went out to help. “I heard the crash and told my wife to call 9-1-1. I went outside and by that time the truck was already on its roof. The driver was talking to us when we got to him. He said he was not from around here and wasn’t familiar with the road. He said when he got to the top of the hill he just lost it. My son Travis came out with blankets and we just covered him and tried to talk to him until help showed up.”

Carlisle Township Fire Department Captain Kevin Dembiec said that when they arrived they found one victim in a SUV that had rolled over needing extrication. “The patient was conscious and of course because of the cold weather we had concerns of hypothermia in addition to any injuries. We had to stop the patient from trying to get out because we were afraid that he could cause further injury to himself. Then we stabilized the truck so we could safely get him out.”

LifeCare Ambulance Paramedics treated the victim until Metro Life Flight landed at the scene and took over care. The victim was flown to Cleveland Metro Health Medical Center.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.


To see more photos: CLICK HERE

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

“I heard the crash and told my wide to call 9-1-1."

I'm sure that typo will make the "wide" a big fan of this site!

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These firefighters are some real heroes. If I get into a wreck I hope it is in Carlisle. The crew that responded were real professionals. Good job guys.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to go back and look at the old stories on TMCNEWS.. mostly because I do not get siezures from looking at the pictures like I do from the new stories (neon green)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons