Thursday, July 10, 2008

WOMAN WRAPS CAR AROUND POLE

Wellington – A single car crash on Hawley Road in Wellington late Wednesday night claimed the life of a Summit County woman.

Chief Robert Walker of the Wellington Fire District said they received the call at 1:10AM of a car that crashed into a pole on Hawley Road. When Firefighters arrived they found that the driver had already passed away. Paramedics from South Lorain County Ambulance arrived and confirmed the death.

Deeanna Hefflin lives across the street from where the crash occurred and said she could hear the car coming before the impact. “I was awake in the house and I could hear the car come over the tracks about a quarter mile south of here – I heard her chasse hit the pavement. Then I could hear the rev of the engine as it got closer then the crash itself.”


Hefflin said she ran from her home to the car in her bare feet to see if anyone was injured. “It was so dark that it was hard to find her in the car. I was on the phone with 9-1-1 and then I found her on the passenger side of the car – she was slumped over and like under the dash. She wouldn’t respond to me then I felt her take like a last gasp of air. It was very sad.”

Chief Walker said that the car was traveling northbound on Hawley and went off the left side of the road crashing into and wrapping itself around a Wellington Village electric pole. Walker said the driver was from out of town and had an atlas in the car with a route mapped out from the Akron area to Wellington.

Once the Coroner cleared the Firefighters to remove the victim they had to have Wellington Village Electric employees brace the pole that had been snapped at the base and used a backhoe to push the car off the pole.

Troopers from the Ohio State Highway Patrol are investigating the crash.

UPDATE: The Ohio State Highway Patrol has released the name of the victim as 27 year old Victoria S. Romero of Canton. It is unknown at this time if alcohol and or drugs played a part in the crash.

To see more photos from the scene: CLICK HERE

7 Comments:

Blogger The Romero-Schroeder said...

We do really apreciate the news feed, she was a cousin of my husband, we are from Honduras and i have been searching the web for hours for news, her father and other family membres are flyning to Ohio to take her body home, any other news you hear from her i will be so spreciated that you will let us know, could you maybe send us the pictures.

11:45 AM  
Blogger <---(""\..Lorena & Wilsen../"")--- said...

She was my cousin, we grow up together in Honduras. When I moved to USA, I had the chance 2 see her again. Vanne, I would always miss you! Te quiero mucho prima. <--Lorena Sauceda--<

11:54 AM  
Blogger DeeAnna said...

To Victoria's family;
I held her hand and stroked her hair to let her know she was not alone. She never awoke after the accident. I stayed with her until they took her away. A shame to lose such a beautiful girl so young in life. My daughter and I hung flowers to mark the pole as a make shift memorial to a friend we will never know. I would love to see a photo of her alive so that maybe the image of her death out of my mind. When I first seen the car I thought it was my son...I can only imagine your dispare. Please contact me @ sing2medee@hotmail.com or you may call @ 330.635.7671

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad because I coulnd't see her when she was alive we grow up together in honduras even thought we were like 7 or 8 years without talk because we got mad when we were like 14 or 15 years old but the only thing that i can say is that i always remember her smile in mind and I know that she is in the glory of god.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is the daugther of my friend and family in Christ Leyla, We are very sad about his departure, however we trust that god has it in
his house and one day we will find us. Thanks to all who were with her in his last days.Xiomara de Cerrato

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is the daughter of my friend and family in Christ Leyla, we are very sad about his departure, however we trust that God has it in his house and one day we will find us. Thanks to all who were with her in his last days. XIOMARA DE CERRATO

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She has gone home now. No longer are my feelings of unease when I look out my windows. I greatly appreciate the call from her father & the photos he sent. I know she is at peace now. For she has left my world and traveled to the next.
She was BEAUTIFUL!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons