Thursday, June 26, 2008


Elyria – A motorist passing by the General Industries building on Taylor Street Thursday afternoon may well have prevented a large fire.

Assistant Chief Glenn Saddler of the Elyria Fire Department said workers using a cutting torch on pipes in the building probably sparked the fire. The workers didn’t notice anything wrong when they took a break and left for lunch but a man passing by called 9-1-1 and said there was a lot of smoke coming off the building.

Saddler said that the fire started where two buildings were joined together and that Firefighters had to open a wall cavity to get to the fire. The fire was extinguished quickly and there were no injuries.

To see more photos from the scene: CLICK HERE


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another fire today....

supposedly massive!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Coupons