Wednesday, October 25, 2006

LORAIN FIRE SENDS WOMAN TO HOSPITAL


Lorain Fire Department responded to a house fire on West 2nd Street early this morning. When crews arrived they discovered smoke coming from the attic vent. The fire was contained to a second floor apartment in the Kitchen area of the multi-dwelling home. One of the tenants attempted to put the blaze out with a fire extinguisher but was unable so he left the building to wait for the fire department.

Fire officials believe the fire had been smoldering for hours before being noticed by the occupants. The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical. One of the occupants, Gloria Willingham, was taken by LifeCare Ambulance to Community Health Partners to be treated for smoke inhalation.

It was determined that the smoke detector had no working batteries. A fire official stated that had the detector had a working battery in it the fire would have been discovered much sooner. “This could have been a very tragic scene, it should serve as a reminder for people to check their detectors and make sure
they have working batteries.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lysol said...

yeah i want to know why they was had a fire engine drive down my block blaring the siren at 1030 at night and then they had stopped in the middle of the street and their lights was on?

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons