Friday, October 20, 2006

SIX ESCAPE HOUSE FIRE

To see all photos: CLICK HERE




Officials say that six people were able to escape a house fire early this morning on Parsons Road in LaGrange Township. Firefighters responded to the report of a house fire around 1:30am and when they arrived they found flames shooting out of the east side of the home.

“When we arrived we found a two level, single dwelling with fire coming off the side of the home. There were six people in the house sleeping when the fire started but they smelled the smoke and they were able to get everybody up and out of the house to safety.” Chief Rader, LaGrange Township Fire & Rescue

Carlisle Township and Grafton Township fire departments assisted LaGrange in fighting the fire.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT job Lagrange..a lot of fire and your guys did a terrific job saving property. Congratulations on a great save.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First to anonoymous, Thank you!

One of the pictures is of me changing an air tank out for another firefighter, who just happens to be my son.

To Terry, thanks for the drinking water, the guys needed it and unfortunately it's one of the last things thought of when we're onscene. And it's not always easy to find someone to free up and run for it.

BTW, I was a LT. on the dept. in '97 and ended up on News5 in your video interview of me after a car vs. bicycle accident at Biggs and Wheeler Rd.'s where we had Lifeflight. I think my wife still has the vcr tape she recorded from the news that night.

Thanks again,
Capt. Dan

3:40 PM  
Blogger TMC NEWS said...

Not a problem Capt. Dan, I just happened to have a couple cases in the back of my car.

I am trying to remember the story on Biggs... I am glad you still have the tape from the story though.

I hope both you and your son have signed up for the EMAIL ALERTS @ tmcnews1@aol.com

Also, drop me a line - I have a disc for your chief but when I went to the station to drop it off nobody was there. Let me know how I can get it to him.

TMC

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey terry, that was my house! lol

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons