Sunday, October 15, 2006

TMC NEWS OP-ED: BROWN v DEWINE

How do you choose one candidate over the other? Do you decide by watching their TV ads? God, I hope not. Do you decide by reading their literature that they send to your home, or does that get pitched out in the trash like the mailers for Arby’s? Do they even send literature anymore? Do you look at their websites? Do you get information from the Bill O’Reilly “No Spin Zone”? I recently attended two rallies in Ely Square in downtown Elyria for the democrats. Just for the record, had the republicans held a rally in Ely Square, while I was awake, I would have attended theirs as well. I wanted to hear what they had to say; I was waiting to hear their ideas. Well, politician after politician stepped up to the microphone and basically didn’t say a lot. I did hear “It’s Time For A Change” about a zillion times in various fashions. I suppose the rallies were more to “rally the troops”. Get their base off their butts, get them excited and make sure they go vote and get their families and friends to vote, more so then to inform and win over undecided voters.

To see the full OP-ED piece visit our OP-ED section. We then encourage you to post a comment or if you would like to write an opposing piece we welcome that as well.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure if we comment here or in the oped area but since this haasenfoose guy started here i'll just do the same. i am from ohio but moved to texas years ago. i rememeber and still follow sherrod brown and have always liked him. he really comes across as someone who enjoys what he is doing and like he is doing it for all the right reasons. most politicians seem to do it for the power and money but that is not the deal with sherrod brown. i agree with tmc news i think he would work his ass off too and i hope he wins the election.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sherrod Brown is a great guy. I agree that he is a genuine person and is doing this for all the right reasons. I also like Voinovich too. I have looked all over the internet on the issues for Ohio, all I can find are "ads" for the issues, someone either completely for the issue or completely against. All BS, no real info. I'm frustrated with election time. All this slamming of one issue or one person over the other. I have even seen it affect my children, and that pisses me off. I told my son that I know that person he just spoke badly about and informed him not to pay attention to negative ads like that. Something needs to change in Washington to not allow "slamming" of other candidates. It should get back to what can you do for me! Not this idiot did this or that issue is bad because of this. State the facts damnit!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who cares about stupid elections? It's all about the MLB Playoffs!

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seem this election, more than ever, is about how "bad" the other guy is. You're right. All I keep hearing is "a time for change". To what? We don't know.
It seems to be more about "recruiting" voters more than inspiring them.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am real close to giving up on the politicians. I wonder if that is their plan though. Piss us off to where they only have their strong base and each other voting for them. i do think sherrod brown is different though so i will be voting for him. i saw in the CT where he showed up at the rally in lorain and answered all questions posed by normal people. where was dewine? getting fitted for his halloween elf costume or is it an umpa lumpa costume this year? sorry, had to get a negative shot in just like he does. F dewine.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons