Sunday, April 12, 2009


North Ridgeville – The owners of Jim’s Upholstery will be thanking their neighbors, the owners of Kim’s Restaurant, for being open on Easter Sunday.

Because they were open a customer leaving the restaurant spotted smoke coming from the rear of the Upholstery shop located just off Kim’s parking lot.

Captain Lee Allen of the North Ridgeville Fire Department said they believe the fire started in the bathroom at the rear of the building. “When we arrived we made entry through a back door because that is where the heaviest smoke was coming from. We were able to extinguish the fire pretty quick and then performed overhaul.”

Allen said that waterlines in the bathroom melted during the fire and helped dampen down the fire.

North Ridgeville received mutual aid from Avon, Avon Lake and Elyria Fire Departments with North Ridgeville Police securing the scene and providing traffic control.

The fire remains under investigation.

PHOTO GALLERY Photo gallery has been repaired


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice ventilation hole NRFD! Looks text book. Haas

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Coupons