Thursday, May 01, 2008

MAN FALLS OFF SCOOTER ON BUS

Sheffield Township – Sheffield Township Firefighters were called to Route 57, just north of Route 254, Wednesday afternoon after receiving a call from Lorain County Transit about a passenger who fell out of his scooter on the bus.

Firefighters arrived and began treating the man who was on the floor of the bus. Seeing that the only way to extricate the man from the bus was going to be by using the wheel chair lift, they had the bus move off the side of the road and onto 57. A Fire Engine was used to block the northbound traffic of 57 at 254 while the man was being extricated.

Once the man was extricated he was loaded into the ambulance and transported to Community Health Partners where he was released later Wednesday night.


While Firefighters were working to safely extricate the man an elderly woman who was traveling eastbound on 254 and wanted to go north on 57 decided that she wasn’t going to let a little thing like a big Fire Engine get in her way.

While attempting to squeeze through between the Engine and the road signs she was confronted by a Firefighter who asked her if she somehow didn’t see the Engine blocking the road. The woman stated; “Yes, I saw it but I wanted to go this way.” The Firefighter explained the situation but it was falling on deaf ears and she continued to say she wanted drive through. The Firefighter allowed her to pull around the Engine and to park on the birm of the road until the medical emergency was cleared up.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

elderly people like this shouldent be allowed on the road. this is half the problem out there anyways. The fireman had to take time away from the patient to explain to a old person that the road was closed and clearly it was closed... they should have been ticketed and had there stuff taken... damn old people

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe I've encountered that woman. And many like her. It's amazing how STUPID people are. I've seen them drive up on sidewalks and go through yards just to get around the emergency vehicles. But let's just continue letting them drive. Haas

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...Is really all I have to say. People truely are amazing.

3:28 PM  
Blogger TMC NEWS said...

Whenever I receive a comment in my email that needs to be approved or rejected and it starts with “I don’t know if this will be posted but…” – Usually those aren’t approved because of the language or a personal attack that is unsigned.

To the person who sent the comment on this story that started with “I don’t know if this will be posted but” – Your post was rejected based on the name calling and only being signed with a pen name.
Your comments, minus the foul language and name calling would certainly be approved.

If you would like to send another one cleaned up a little or resend the one you sent with your full name and legitimate email address I will be happy to post it as is.

Thanks for reading.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the one who was a little to vulgar for my comment to be posted and I understand why so I am going to try to clean this up as best as I can. I hope that this lady(or anybody else that pulls this crap) needs to be extricated from her vehicle one day to save her(their) lives but are not taken out in time because rescue workers had to deal with some ELDERLY person who was making the scene unsafe for the exrication. Talk about Karma. I dont understand wat she was in the hurry for...Was she late for her one of many doctor appts that day or maybe had to get to the store and pick up a new pack of Depends. Ugh old people annoy me!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to mention that it's not just the elderly that do this. I've witnessed people of all ages drive around emergency vehicles because they don't want to be inconvenienced having to take a different route. Haas

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Haas. I'm an emergency worker that has nearly been runover several time. People really need to slowdown and be patient. People never think what if it was their family being treated.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I can easily understand this woman's mentality since she reminds me so much of my mother (age 81), who drives much the same way. She gets in the car and God help anyone in the way if she's off to one of her club or garden meetings. This is why I try to do most of the errand running for her, but she still gets out on the road. Warning to all Lorain County residents, watch out for an old lady in a grey Nissan Sentra!
Also, please try to be understanding of these types because I think some of them just don't understand that what they are doing is wrong or may be endangering someone else.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes a situation like this is very annoying to emergency workers. But be careful of the name calling, because you are going to wake up one day and be old.

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The male was "treated and released" the same day... seriously I'd be a little annoyed too if somebody was blocking traffic on a main road for something like this also. There are a dozen different side streets and also parking lots in that area that could of been used to extricate the male. That's just my opinion. James

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, you can't assume anything when it comes to a fall. If they would have attempted to move that bus and the man became further injured due to this action then the lawsuits would have been flying. Sorry that a persons health is annoying to anyone. Always picture your self in that situation and see how you would want to be treated. Life is too short, slow down and let safety workers do the job safely and the right way.

Pete "the meat" Avon

8:18 AM  
Blogger Pete "The Meat" Avon said...

Testing my blog status

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons