Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A RUDE AWAKENING

Kelly Durban just made a move into her new house on the corner of West Ave and 10th Street 5 months ago, but Monday night she is wondering if it is the right spot for her and her family. “I was asleep in the corner bedroom when I woke up to a really loud crashing noise. I got up real quick and looked out the window and I could see right down into the car and I saw the guy in the drivers seat.” Durban said the driver seemed groggy but backed the car up and took off west on 10th Street.

Elyria Police responded to the neighborhood and found the car in the 400 block of 10th Street unoccupied. While searching the neighborhood and conducting their investigation, the owner of the vehicle, who lives in the 400 block of 10th Street contacted the Police Dispatcher to report that his vehicle had been stolen.

The Elyria Police are continuing their investigation into the crash.
To see more photos: CLICK HERE

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Swabb said...

This happened to me about 8 years ago. A car crashed thru my fence and when the police came they said the car was just reported "stolen".

More likely the driver was drunk or no operators license and it was a hit and run.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the cops got a good whiff of the owners breath when they went to take the "stolen car" report because that ruse has been used too many times.
Does this "owner" care that someone's insurance is going to have to pay to repair the damage to the house???
And people wonder why our children are so screwed up!
I am glad that no one in the home was hurt and I hope that the truth comes out and someone pays the penalty for the "accident". Patsy

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons