Thursday, August 02, 2007

ROLL OVER ON WHITNEY ROAD



LaGrange Township Fire and EMS responded to Whitney Road this afternoon after the driver of a pick up truck lost control and crashed.

LaGrange Township Fire James Rader said when they arrived on scene the victim was incoherent and combative. “We found him seat belted in the truck and in order to extricate him we had to take out the front windshield and remove him that way. We had Metro LifeFlight land down the street from the scene due to the injuries to his head, we were concerned about those.”

Chief Rader said that the 16 year old driver was heading westbound on Whitney on his way to a friends house at the time of the crash. The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of the crash and the victim was not able to shed any light on what happened before he was flown to Cleveland. Chief Rader said that the road had recently been “chipped and sealed” but wasn’t sure if that played a role in the crash. For those of you, like me, unaware of what “Chip and seal” is, it is when they tar the road then put gravel on top of it then roll it in.

The drivers mother and grandmother were brought to the landing zone and was able to see him before the helicopter took off.
To see more photos: CLICK HERE

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live on Whitney Rd and im 16yrs. old myself. Just the other night around say midnight i was on my way home. I was texting on my phone with other things on my mind and not paying any attention. Of course im doing this all the time, and find myself swerving all over the road. However this night at the last second in the same spot where the accident occoured i caught myself riding off the road on the left hand side and jerked it back on and spun out. Ive been in a few accidents already but this time i took a minute to realize how fast things can happen and threw my phone down. For some reason it made me even want to put my seatbelt on. With my house a few houses down i drove slowly home. I got out and looked at my car, I even told my mom about it. Yesterday in the hot sunny weather my mom and I were sitting in the pool. We kept hearing tons of sirens and noticed they were comming down our road. I thought man very rarely do sirens go down our road. Intrigued i jumped up grabbed my keys and by the time i got to the end of my driveway i could see they were right there. Curiously i drove down there and saw a red truck flipped over and tree branches on the road. That very minute i looked around and realized two nights ago in that very same spot i almost crashed. I sat back in my seat and just stared for a minute. As more and more sirens flooded my way i was blocked in. I looked in my rearview mirror and noticed a man behind me. I called my mom and explained the scene and in the back of my mind thinking that could of been me. It took a while to get the person out. And that whole time it just made me think. I took a picture on my phone and sent it to my mom. The first thing she said is "were they young?" It seems more and more teens are getting killed or hurt. I used to tell myself i knew how to drive and felt invinsable, but with a few scares of texting on my phone is really making me cautious. Later on i drove back down there. I followed the tracks of the trucks tires with my eyes on the road. Again i saw my tires riding that path two nights ago.I closed my eyes and thought thank you for this warning and thank you for watching over me.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons