ARRESTED, BOOKED & ARRAIGNED
Amherst Police traveled to Cleveland Metro Hospital Tuesday afternoon to serve a warrant on Phillip W. Stern II. Mr. Stern was the driver of the red pick up truck that collided with Shelia Pierce in Amherst last Saturday morning on Cooper Foster & Leavitt Rd, killing Pierce.
The following charges have been filed against Stern:
1. Driving In Marked Lanes in violation of Ohio Revised Code 4511.33 (MM),
2. Obstructing Official Business in violation of Ohio Revised Code 2921.31 (Felony 5),
3. Willful or Wanton Disregard of Safety on Highways in violation of Ohio Revised Code 4511.20 (MM)
4. Operating Vehicle Intoxicated in violation of Ohio Revised Code 4511.19 (M1),
5. Failure to Comply with order or signal of police officer in violation of Ohio Revised Code
6. Speed in violation of Ohio Revised Code 4511.21 (MM)
7. Red Light in Violation of Ohio Revised Code 4511.13 (MM),
8. Failure to Control in violation of Ohio Revised Code 4511.202 (MM)
9. Aggravated Vehicular Homicide Ohio Revised Code 2903.06
10. B.A.C. over legal limit (.238BAC) Ohio Revised Code 4511.19 (M1)
11. State OVI (refusal) in violation of Ohio Revised Code 4511.19 (M1)
The suspect was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Lorain County Jail where he is still being held. Stern was arraigned in Oberlin Municipal Court this morning and is being held on $500,000.00 bond.