Tuesday, March 03, 2009

SINGLE CAR CRASH KILLS TWO

“I didn’t know a car would break apart into that many pieces. “ Brandy Adler, eyewitness

Carlisle Township – The single car crash on Middle Ave in Carlisle Township has claimed the life of the female who had been flown to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland.

Lieutenant Glenn Peterson of the Ohio State Highway Patrol said that although an exact speed has not yet been determined, they believe that speed played a factor in the crash. “The car came across the tracks and must have been going at a rate of speed higher then the posted speed limit – lost control on the tracks and went off the side of the road. The car first struck a tree, spun around and then struck a telephone pole. “

Peterson said that bottles of beer were found inside of the car but they will not know if any of the victims had alcohol in their system until test results come back from the Coroner’s Office.

Brandy Adler, of Elyria, was traveling north on Middle Ave and saw the Monte Carlo coming across the tracks. “They were really going fast, probably like 80 MPH coming over the tracks. Then when the car hit the tree it all just came apart. Smoke, dust, dirt, car parts everything just flying everywhere – I have never seen so much debris flying all over the place in my life. I didn’t know a car would break apart into that many pieces. “

Adler said that she pulled over into a driveway to get neighbors to call 9-1-1, when asked if she went over to the car she said “no, my stomach has limitations and that is one of them.”


Lieutenant Randy Feakins of the Carlisle Township Fire Department was the first to arrive on the scene. “We found a car that had hit a tree and split into two pieces. There was one person on the ground that had been ejected from the car, he was DOA. Another person was in the front passenger seat that was also DOA. We then found a girl in the back seat that had a pulse; we used the Jaws of Life to extricate her from the car and began treating her.”

Herb de la Porte, Vice President of LifeCare Ambulance, was on the scene and said that his Paramedics began treating the girl on the scene. They then transported her to Elyria Memorial in “very critical condition.” The girl was then flow by Metro LifeFlight to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland.


The State Patrol released the names of the victims this afternoon after family members were notified.

The driver of the car was 27 year old Bruce M. Boggins Jr. of Cleveland. His passenger was 24 year old Patrick Lee of Lakewood. The back seat passenger has been identified as 16-year-old Wanda Parker, of Brook Park. Parker remains in critical condition at MetroHealth.

Due to low manpower at the Carlisle Fire Department during the time of the Crash, Feakins said that assistance was called from the Elyria Fire Department. “I called the City of Elyria for extra man power for the extrication. They were very helpful in removing the girl in the back seat. Their assistance was greatly appreciated.”

The State Patrol continues to investigate the crash.


PHOTO GALLERY

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This accident did not have to happen. I watched this accident and I called 911 for them. I did not even realize until late last night that what I also saw was the car hitting the phone pole. I feel so sorry for the parents of these kids. I just do not think that this will be something that my family, neighbors, or myself will soon be able to get over.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sad to see something like this happend. sad to see 3 people loose there lives..

It just sucks to see stuff like this and i know for one speed was a factor from seeing the car the way it is.and along with knowing a first responder that told me more details on the story..

prayers go out to the families for there loss's

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda Parker was a Sophmore at my school. It hurts to know that when I walk down the hall I won't see her running towards me. She had a smile that would brighten up anyone's day. It could have been anyone of us, but I don't see why it had to be her. She lived a good life, and was there for everyone. God saw her in pain, and grabbed her hand. She took a piece of my heart with her. I will never forget about her, she was sa very special friend to me. And to everyone else at our school.

I miss her like crazy, and she hasn't even been gone so long. Things just aren't the same anymore.
Love you and miss you BoomBoom(nickname)

You will be in my prayers, and the prayers of others.
Iloveyou!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This accident should not have happened. The people at Patrick's house should not have let him go out and get drunk. Patrick lost a daughter who is just a month old and her mother who still loves him. She is one of my good friends and i am very upset bout this..


Jordan baby, daddy will always be in your heart and dont let anyone tell u differently. And samantha, Paddy loved u, i know he did. U and him made a beautiful baby girl together and he will always be in ur's and Jordan's hearts.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is TERRIABLE!!! I am curious as to why this 16 year old was with these two older guys? But whatever the reason it is a horriable thing and my heart goes out to the families and friends of these people.

Good job Carlisle and Elyria.

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jasmine The Poet said...

Wanda was my best friend. I saw her 2 days before this happens. Like caitkrok said it's hard not seeing her running down the hall way. Wanda was in almost all of my classes and lived right around the corner. Literally. I miss her everyday and I will always remember her smile. She will never be forgotten!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda was my best friend, iv known her since i was little. she was an amazing girl, she always tried her hardest to make others happy. She was one of the best people i know, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I loved her like a sister. It breaks my heart that shes gone but i know my sissy is watching over me. I love u Wanda and i miss you more and more every day. </3

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons