Saturday, December 20, 2008


Lorain – A fire on Edgewood Drive in Lorain Saturday night caused approximately $10,000 in damage to the home and contents.

The fire started after a woman in the home started heating cooking oil on the stove – she left the room and a few minutes later heard noises coming from the kitchen area. When she returned she found the stove on fire and quickly spreading. The woman fled the home and called 9-1-1 for the Fire Department.

A neighbor ran into the house with a dry-chemical fire extinguisher in an attempt to put out the fire – An act that Fire officials never recommend people try because of the hidden dangers involved.

The woman was taken to a neighbor’s house with what appeared to be slight smoke inhalation. LifeCare Ambulance Paramedics were called to the scene to evaluate the neighbor. The woman ended up refusing treatment or transport.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and then worked to ventilate the home.



Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, job well done. Keep up the good work. I admire you guys.

OMG, I can believe they didnt call Elyria Twp or Carlisle Twp to help. OOHH MMMYYYYY. what next.

My eyes, they are a rollin'.

That fact that no one post those rediculas, idiotic, a$$inine statements about the LFD, just goes to show you that people (if you will), that do it to the EFD are nothing but Gracites.

Just as moronic as the little Napolian wanna be pile of garbage that runs (excuse me...I meant runs into the ground) Elyria.

You folks wanna know why Billy hasnt filled the positions for the IT dept yet....cause Mary Grace isnt done with the classes she is taking yet. Yep, gotta give the sis-in-law a job too.

RECALL BILLY!!!! Its the only thing left to do to try and save Elyria.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Coupons