Sunday, September 09, 2007

SUNDAYS WITH JASON

Freedom of speech… is it really freedom of “speech” if you’re typing it? You losers out there who hide behind your anonymity are in a word, neutered. Simply stated, you have to have balls to say things out loud. You don’t need any, “cojones” to type something anonymously, from your home or office. Having a big mouth requires some responsibility. I can say whatever I want and I don’t care who likes it, in return you know my name and TMC has my “credentials”. I’d give you my address if you really wanted it, providing you gave me yours (And that you don’t mind a brick coming through your window). ON THE FLIP-SIDE, some of you leave your name and still have some completely moronic, sophomoric and idiotic things to say. I may be one of those people too but, this ain’t a paid gig, give me a break. In the end it seems wrong to only keep the good/nice posts and not the opposing ones. So I would say, keep the posts, providing they have a name and are not blatantly divisive or vulgar. That’s my vote. But, people need an outlet for their ideas & opinions; otherwise they get frustrated and start shooting people.

Well, the music of heaven became a little sweeter this week as Luciano Pavarotti joined the choir of Angels. Luciano is one of my favorite classical singers (he kinda reminded me of a classy Dom DeLuise). We shared a love of pasta and filet mignon. Riposare in pace, Ciao Amico!

What’s up with Jerry Lewis? I’ll tell ya, he’s 100 years old and had a lapse of judgment, or perhaps his mind all together quit for a moment. That being said, it was a little funny, not necessarily what he said, but the fact that they still let him talk on TV. However, if the gays want to fit him with cement stilettos and toss him in the San Francisco bay, let ‘em. But in the end, it’s the kids that are going to suffer, 64 million dollars later.

On a personal note, I will forgive the readers who forgot to send both Terry and I birthday wishes this week. I will accept the fact that there was a widespread power outage on Tuesday and that’s okay with me. Welcome Back TMC.

Okay, onto some local happenings:
First of all, regardless of the current EFD situation, I am glad nobody was hurt or killed by the fire truck disintegrating on the way to the Olive Street fire. Amidst all the "budget this, budget that", it’s obvious that money makes things work. What’s next? You’ll know things are bad when they show up to fires in an Econoline Van, passing the water-buckets in their pajamas. So, tax me another dime.

To the stupid woman driving all drugged up through Amherst… I don’t really even care; you’re an idiot and should be… tasered? Yeah tasered. But, for the people from Amherst posting about how good the people in their city are and how bad people come to Amherst to do all sorts of things: Get over yourself! The reason Amherst is low-crime is simply because half of you are over 50 years old. The other half have jobs and money and are always out spending it. In 30 years, you’ll be dead and someone from Lorain will be living in your house. So what, you’re better than Lorain & Elyria? You have no real competition, stop comparing warts on frogs. (To my real-life friends in Amherst, sorry, but you know it’s true)

Did you see the story about the couple that crashed their car and trapped themselves under downed power lines? Well, that was an okay story (no I’m not going to say it would have been better if they were fried alive…I’m not, I’m not.) BUT, my favorite website (second to TMC) is the Darwin Awards and true story here: Same situation as above but, no EMS on-site. The guy gets out, gets into the trunk and proceeds to find some wire-cutters (true story). He gets on top of his car, and begins snipping away at the wires (true story). What happened next? YOU GUESSED IT!! ZAP! He was lit up like the Vegas strip. HA-HA. Kills me. Obviously, he died.

My HIGHLIGHT OF THE LOWLIGHTS: The comments under, “Fire Truck Falls Apart.” Some people were picking on the lady in the wheelchair for making some semi-uninformed accusations about LifeCare’s drivers getting lost and always needing directions. I wanted to come to her defense but, it’s not in my blood. Now wheelchair or not, take my advice, there is no room for passing judgments on LifeCare, and its operations, on this site. If you think you can get a good handle on the way LifeCare works by listening to your scanner, TURN IT OFF. I understand how people want to “be in the loop” with one ear glued to their scanners but; unless you have been in LifeCare (I have) and seen it’s operations (I have), then listening to a scanner is like putting a cup to the door, a picture is worth a thousand words. In fact if George Bush ever decided to visit LifeCare, I think he could use their technology to find Osama, maybe even win the war. Lady, FYI: LifeCare is wheelchair accessible, call for a tour.
Sorry folks, I have a small tolerance when it comes to defending EMS. (No, I do not work there, nor anyone in my family). But a pat-on-my-back for not even making fun of the fact that she is a “lifelong resident of Elyria.” Oops, I guess I just did.

Well, if you don’t feel any better folks, get this. Fall is on its way and there are a little over 100 days to Christmas. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.


That’s it kids, better luck next week. Be smart.

Jason

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Nice one Jason. You never fail to inform and entertain.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first time to read your column. I love it and even went back and read the previous posts. You are so funny, thanks adding some laughs to my sunday.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS! Keep up the good work!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons