Monday, December 18, 2006

BASKETBALL BRAWL DRAWS SUSPENSIONS

NBA Commissioner David Stern drops the hammer on the Nuggets and Knicks after last Saturdays brawl at Madison Square Garden. Stern said in his statement, "It is our obligation to take the strongest possible steps to avoid such failures in the future and to make a statement to all who follow the game of basketball that we understand our obligations and take them seriously."

Stern suspended Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony for 15 games for delivering a sucker punch to New York Knicks Mardy Collins. Collins was given a 6 game suspension. Nugget J.R. Smith and Knicks Nate Robinson were each given 10 game suspensions. Each team was given fines of $500.000.00 each.

Carmelo Anthony released the following statement: "Last night's altercation with the Knicks escalated further than it should have. I take full responsibility for my actions in the matter," Anthony said in a statement. "My actions were inexcusable, and I am sorry for making this an even more embarrassing situation."

To view the fight, visit our SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT section.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder who actually said that appology. I'm sure it wasn't him. Probably his lawyer. They should all be fined out the ass. People making millions of dollars playing a kids game and then they act like 3 year olds. I wish I could have been in the front row at that game. Law suits all over the place

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons