Tuesday, November 16, 2010

PROFESSIONAL – BUT STILL HUMAN

COMMENTARY
From the Paramedics to the State Troopers and even the seasoned Medical Team on board Metro LifeFlight today many were shaking their heads as they walked away from what one rescuer called, “the worst I’ve ever seen.”

Day in and day out these people go to work and see some of the worst scenes imaginable, yet they continue to show up for their next shift.

Today, the fear that most rescuers have came true – rolling up on scene and knowing the victim. With heavy hearts they performed their duties and gave it all they had to help their friend and her family. In the end it just wasn’t meant to be.

The Metro LifeFlight team along with Paramedics from Allen Hospital, surrounded by the wreckage, valiantly tried to save the unborn baby by performing an emergency C-Section. Troopers, neighbors and others watched from a distance seeing only the wreckage and sheets that were held up for privacy. Then members of the LifeFlight Team emerged visibly upset, the sheets came down. It was apparent to all that the attempt to save the baby did not work.

People ask rescuers how they do what they do every day and 9 times out of ten they will simply say “it’s my job.” Perhaps today some rescuers might be asking themselves “why do I do this job?”

For those of us who do not do their jobs, let’s just hope they find the right answer and keep doing theirs.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These people certainly need to be commended and recognized more often.

Hats off especially to the LifeFlight Physician and Nurse for trying their best to save that baby. You two ladies need to hold your heads high and your shoulders back; you did the best you could do. If it helps at all, just remember the entire family is now together once again upstairs watching over all of us.

God Bless!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on 4-22-2009 My Best Friend Carey died while in Life Flight on her way to Metro. From the reports I have read she never woke up after the car accident. It has broke my heart that I could not be with her during her last breaths, but I have always taken comfort in the fact that she was not alone. Thank You Life Flight personel for doing everything you could to save her..Even in sadness you have to try to find the light- and my light in this tragedy is that she was not alone. God Bless You Christine

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not fathom the emotions that all first responders must face in a situation like this. There are many heavy hearts in a situation like this and words cannot describe how truly gut-wrenching and sad this is. I sincerely thank those who do such a difficult job. My thoughts and prayers are with the Cole family, those who were in the Lowe's truck and the emergency responders. May God bring you peace and comfort.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I commend and hold the highest respect for our EMS professionals. Rescue, fire, law enforcement, dispatch, etc. Having depended on Life Care and University Medevac to help save my wifes life is something I thank God quite often for. I never got to shake the hands or hug all those who where involved in my wifes care. I only got to thank Herb DeLeport w/ Life Care. Good man. Even the transport crews who helped in transporting my wife during her rehab have my respect. It was a comfort to know I was working with one of the best EMS services. You all do great work and I pray the Lord gives you the strength, peace and comfort to continue doing the work you do. Keep up the good work!

God bless you all.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons