Sunday, May 16, 2010

2 CRITICAL IN LORAIN CRASH

DEVELOPING
Lorain – A two car crash in Lorain sent two people to the emergency room in critical condition, at least one other in stable condition.

Ricardo Vazquez of Lorain said that he was heading east on East 28th Street just before 11:30 pm Saturday night when he heard a loud explosion. “I was just under the railroad bridge when I heard the loudest explosion that I have ever heard. I looked into my rearview mirror and all I could see was dust and headlights spinning around.”

Vazquez turned his car around and went to see what had happened. When he returned to the intersection of East 28th & Toledo he found one pickup truck on its side and another with heavy front end damage. “I ran to the truck on its side cause I figured they would need help right away. I was talking to the people and telling them to stay still until help got there. The people inside were talking and told me that the other truck just came out of nowhere and really fast.”

Lorain Firefighters had to cut two people from the truck before LifeCare Paramedics were able to treat them and transport them to the hospital.

Vazquez said that although it was a very serious crash he thinks the people will be ok. “I stayed with them until they were put in the ambulance because they only spoke Spanish so I was interpreting for the Medics and Firefighters. The woman was complaining of real bad back pains but I’m not sure what else was wrong with her. I just hope they all pull through.”


PHOTO GALLERY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons