Wednesday, August 19, 2009



Sheffield Township – An early morning fire on Farr Ave in Sheffield Township sent one man to the hospital with smoke inhalation and burns to his hands.

Chief Joe Bandagski of the Sheffield Township Fire Department said that when his crews arrived they had heavy fire coming from the west front of the house. “The fire was in the two bedrooms of the home. There was one resident inside of the house at the time of the fire and another man was sleeping in his car in the driveway. The man inside of the home woke up to the fire just after 5 a.m.”

Bandagski said that the resident was treated at the scene and taken to Community Health Partners with smoke inhalation and burns to his hands.

No Firefighters were injured in the battle.

The American Red Cross is at the scene assisting the Firefighters and family.

The Lorain County Fire Investigators are also on scene sifting through the rubble to determine a cause at this hour.
Bandagski said that his Department was assisted by Sheffield Village, Elyria Township, Amherst and South Amherst Fire Departments.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Norene Beaver and I am Director of an organization called Out of the Ashes. We were created out of the ashes of our second home fire. If anyone knows how I might get into contact with the victim please let me know. All assistance in offered free of charge. I have a handout that could help him through his recovery. Norene Beaver (360) 509 0763

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Coupons