Friday, January 09, 2009


Elyria – A fire that started in a dishwasher caused heavy damage to a Fackler Ave home late Thursday night.

Assistant Chief Robert Dempsey of the Elyria Fire Department said they were called to the home while they were investigating a possible fire at the River Run Apartment building on East Ave. “It turned out that someone had left food on the stove in their apartment causing a lot of smoke to fill the hallways of the apartment building. While we were dealing with that we got the call of a dishwasher on fire on the other side of town.”

When Firefighters arrived to the Fackler Ave fire they found smoke coming from the back of the structure. “The guys were able to get that fire knocked down pretty quick and while they were doing a search of the home they discovered the family dog. He was limp when they brought him out of the home – then one of the guys gave him oxygen and was able to bring him around.”

Family took the dog to a local all night Veterinarian. The condition of the dog is unknown at this time. Relatives are taking care of the homeowner for the night.

Chief Dempsey said that the kitchen received the most damage with the remainder of the home receiving heavy smoke damage.



Blogger Jeff Castle said...

Awwwww.... It sure is nice doing our job without the nasty evil comments being left about us.

Ffr. J. Castle
EFD Engine Co. 3
Lorain Blvd. @ Bell

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Coupons