Sunday, March 23, 2008


Eaton Township – You’re sitting at home on a cold winter night enjoying a nice fire in your fireplace. Smoke starts backing up into your home. What should you do?

Most of us would call the Fire Department and evacuate the house until help arrived.

In the case of an Eaton Township man Saturday night he opted to climb out onto his snow covered roof with tennis shoes on, for extra traction probably, in an attempt to remove the cap from his chimney.

Eaton Township Firefighters were called to his Avon Belden Road home and found the man sitting on the roof near the chimney. Before Firefighters were able to deal with the fire in the chimney they had to first assist the man down off the roof.

Once the man was safely on the ground Firefighters extinguished the fire that had started in the clogged up chimney.

Grafton Village Firefighters provided mutual aid assistance to Eaton Township. There were no injuries reported.

If your home has a fireplace: CLICK HERE

To see more photos from the scene: CLICK HERE


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe this is what they call job security!!!!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Coupons