Thursday, November 30, 2006

SEWERS COLLAPSE & FLOOD HOMES




Tom Nemes got home from work Thursday night and quickly noticed something wrong. There was a smell coming from the basement and the furnace was acting strange. Nemes went to the basement to investigate and stepped into a couple inches of sewage.

"I could smell the foul odor and when I got downstairs I found water pouring out of the lower level bathroom and around the furnace. I had no idea what was going on, I had no idea where the water was coming from. I called the Lorain Fire Department immediately and said I needed assistance and they responded very quickly and were very helpful."

City crews were working along Oak Point Road pumping the sewers out around midnight last night. One of the workers said that they were dealing with a major collapse in the sewer system.

Nemes moved into his Mallard Creek Run home, off Oak Point Road, about a year and a half ago, he said this was never a problem that he ever dreamed would happen in his new home. Nemes has been in contact with Serve Pro, a company that specializes in cleaning up messes like this, but they can only come in when the water stops and Nemes has no idea when that will be.
Ed Norton was not available for comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons