Sunday, February 20, 2011

CAR DRIVES THROUGH HOUSE

Elyria – Theron Lynch got a 4 a.m. wake up call Sunday morning that he certainly wasn’t expecting or wanting.

Lynch said he was awakened from his sleep by a loud boom just before 4 a.m. Sunday. “It shook me out of my bed. When I got up my house was filled with smoke and debris flying around.” Lynch said he entered his living room area to discover that a full size SUV had driving through his front door and exited through wall on the north side of his house.

Through the smoke and debris Lynch saw a young man get out of the truck. “He looked very scared and shaken up, he just kept saying how sorry he was and then he took off running.”

Another man got out of the front of the SUV and had a different reaction when he saw Lynch. “This guy comes swinging at me trying to hit me. He runs through my house and then he tried to beat me up?”

Lynch said he struggled with that man for a few minutes before he too, along with one other man, fled on foot towards Bell Ave.

Police were on scene within minutes of the call but were unable to locate the runners. They did find three men matching the descriptions on Bell near West River but they were cleared.

When the owner of the SUV was contacted she claimed not to know who had the truck and then asked if she could report it stolen.

Police are investigating evidence they found inside of the SUV that may lead to the driver.

The damage extended to Lynch’s neighbor’s house as the truck struck it after going through the wall. On the other side of the wall was Lynch’s neighbor’s daughter’s room. She was uninjured in the crash.

Lynch said that although he was angry at the men who did this he is grateful nobody was injured. “Sometimes I will fall asleep on the couch in the front room. I’m just glad tonight I was in my bedroom, had I been sleeping on that couch I would be gone for sure. I just would like to know what they were thinking. Go through someone’s house like that and then try to beat them up, I just don’t understand.”


PHOTO GALLERY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons