Sunday, August 24, 2008

911 TAPES RELEASED FROM SHOOTING

Lorain County 9-1-1 released a disc today containing two calls to their office Saturday afternoon reporting the shooting of former Lorain County Prosecutor Jonathan Rosenbaum.

In the first call a female calmly reports that a man had been shot at the Sportsmen Gun & Reel Club on Middle Ridge Road. During the call the 9-1-1 Operator asks if the shooting was on purpose and the caller stated no.

Caller: “A boy just shot his dad on the skeet field”
9-1-1: “Did he shoot him intentionally?”
Caller: “No, they were shooting skeet.”

During that call another Operator received a call from Rosenbaum’s son.

9-1-1: "9-1-1, do you need Police, Fire or Ambulance"
Son: "I need an ambulance; I just shot my father in the back. I’m very sorry."

For the next couple minutes the 9-1-1 Operator then attempts to get location and medical information from Rosenbaum’s son. Rosenbaum’s son, very upset, keeps saying that he is sorry for what happened. “He’s not very conscious, he’s fading fast. I just killed my father.”

Then at 3 minutes into the phone call with Rosenbaum’s son he says to his father, “I was just angry.” The following conversation took place between the father and son,

Jonathan Rosenbaum: “You fucking shot me on purpose”
Son: “No, I did not, I’m sorry”
Jonathan Rosenbaum: “You liar”
Son: “I did not shoot you on purpose”

The son then told 9-1-1 how he believed the shooting happened. “The shell was jammed in the gun, I was just trying to get it out and it just went off.”

Four minutes into the call Rosenbaum tells his son to stop talking to the 9-1-1 Operator: “He said you better hurry; he does not want me talking to you”

9-1-1: “This is not the police; I am trying to give you medical advice”

Moments later Paramedics from LifeCare Ambulance arrived on scene and the call was completed.

At one point during the call Rosenbaum’s son was heard saying; “Oh my God, I am never shooting again.”

WARNING: The contents of the 9-1-1 call could be disturbing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtg tmc!!
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/17288638/detail.html

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons