Tuesday, January 16, 2007

LORAIN HOME INVASION




Lorain Police responded to a home on West 25th Street this morning after receiving a call of a person shot and laying in the front yard.

“When our Officers arrived they did find a victim laying in the front yard, The Officers got the victim out of harms way and coordinated with the Paramedics from LifeCare Ambulance to get them medical attention.” Lorain Police Lieutenant Mize

The victim was transported to Community Health Partners for further treatment.

Lorain SWAT members arrived and searched the home for the suspect. Lt. Mize said that the search found the home empty but they wanted to error on the side of caution.

The case is being investigated by the Lorain Police Department


To see all photos: CLICK HERE

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many squads and supervisors does Lifecare send on these type of calls?

9:26 PM  
Blogger Dan O. said...

I am in no way speaking for Lifecare here. But, from my experience as a firefighter (18yr. vol.) and listening to the scanner, I would say one squad for the known "man down" and possibly a 2nd in the vicinity until the house was cleared. I'm not sure on supervisors, but I wouldn't believe more than one if any. The squads are generally "supervised" by their dispatch.

Please correct me if you know I'm wrong.

10:06 AM  
Blogger TMC NEWS said...

I wonder if you could explain - Do you feel they didn't have enough trucks on scene or too many? I am confused by your question.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was curious as to how they respond for situations and what type of supervisor involvement they have. I have heard 80 out on calls, is that the only supervisor that they have?

8:27 PM  
Blogger Dan O. said...

Again, I'm only asnwering as my capacity of having worked along side Lifecare on some calls, since no one else appears to be responding with more knowledge. I may be overstepping, but it won't be the 1st or last time!

When ever I've had Unit 80 respond it was when we were requesting a Paramedic on our scene in order to upgrade level of care, but didn't need another patient transport vehicle. Unit 80 is Medic response vehicle (my terminology) with just one person onboard. I'm not sure if they consider the person manning it a "supervisor". I've always viewed it as a way to get extra help to a busy scene.

Hope this helps. And again apologies for stepping in where I may not be wanted.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons