Friday, November 24, 2006

CRASH ON GULF ROAD




Two people were trapped in their car late Thursday night after their car went off Gulf Road and crashed into a tree. Elyria Firefighters, using the Jaws of Life, worked to free the two people while LifeCare Paramedics rendered care. Once the two were extricated from the car one was taken to Avon Emergency Room while the other was taken to Elyria Memorial Hospital. Both were taken to MetroHealth Medical Center shortly after arriving the local Emergency Rooms.

One witness that we spoke to said that she was driving north on Gulf Road when she saw people flagging her down. “They had seen the accident first and stopped me to see if I had a cell phone to call 9-1-1. I didn’t have one so I went to the first house I could find and pounded on the door and got them to call for help. I just hope they are ok, they look so young and they weren’t responding to us.” The woman was visibly shaken and did not want to tell us her name.

Elyria Police Department is investigating the cause of the crash.
To see all photos: CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Orbitz Coupons